OUR RECIPES > Cheese-lovers' corner
Pork Empanadas with Fromager d’Affinois Le Fromager
– 150 g (5 oz) Fromager d’Affinois Le Fromager – 100 ml (3 fl oz) beef stock
– 2 rolls of shortcrust pastry – 1 whole egg
– 300 g (11 oz) of minced pork – 30 g (1 oz) pitted black olives
– 1 onion – 1 chili
– 100 g (4 oz) of cooked potatoes – 100 g (4 oz) chopped tomatoes
– 6 hard-boiled eggs – 1 tbsp olive oil
– 1 red pepper
Peel and chop the onion.
Deseed and dice the pepper.
Put the tablespoon of oil in a frying pan and brown the onion with the minced pork, diced pepper and chilli for 5 min.
Add the beef stock and tomatoes and simmer it for 10 min.
Cut the potatoes into cubes, the hard-boiled eggs into quarters and chop the olives.
Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl with the meat, and stir in the Fromager d’Affinois Le Fromager cheese in pieces.
Use a pastry cutter to cut circles into the shortcrust pastry.
Place the mix in the centre of the pastry disks and fold in half-moon.
Seal the edges and brush the empanadas with the beaten egg.
Bake in the oven for 15 minutes at 180°C/350°F (gas mark 4).