Skillet Pizza with Fromager d’Affinois Garlic & herbs, Grape Tomatoes, and Basil
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Flour for rolling
- About 1 pound/455 g store-bought pizza dough or homemade, at room temperature
- ⅔ cup/100 g halved grape tomatoes
- 7 ounces/200 g Fromagerd’ Affinoise Garlic and Herbs, cut into ½ to ¾-in/12 mm to 2-cm pieces with the rind
- A few pinches of hot red pepper flakes or pimente d’ Esplette
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- Drizzle oil into a 12-in/30-cm cast-iron skillet.
- On floured work surface, roll out the dough into 13-in/32.5-cm round. (If the dough shrinks, cover loosely with plastic, rest for 5 minutes, and roll again.)
- Transfer to skillet and flip to oil on both sides. With fingertips, pat and stretch the dough evenly to skillet edges.
- Cover loosely with plastic and let stand in a warm place until puffy but not doubled, about 1¼ hours.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 500ºF/260ºC with rack in top third.
- Scatter tomatoes over the dough, followed by cheese.
- Season with salt and hot pepper flakes.
- Bake until crust is golden brown and cheese is bubbly, 12 to 15 minutes. Sprinkle with basil.
- Cut into wedges and serve.