Grilled Peach Salad
- 1 pack of Fromager d’Affinois Crispy Brie Bites
- 2 firm yellow peaches, quartered
- 4 rashers smoky bacon
- 10 asparagus spears
- 6 baby zucchini with flowers attached
- 1 tbsp finely chopped chervil
- 1 tbsp finely minced shallot
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Picked chervil leaves
- Heat a dry griddle pan on medium-high heat. Place the peaches, cut-side down, on to the pan and grill for 2-3 minutes. Flip the peaches onto the other cut-side and grill for another 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
- Fry the bacon in a pan on medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes a side until crispy, or place in the oven at 200C for 15-20 minutes to crisp. Set aside.
- Trim and discard the tough ends off the asparagus. Then using a vegetable peeler, peel long ribbons the length of the spear and keep the tips. Place the ribbons and the tips in a bowl of ice water.
- Slice the baby zucchini into small batons at an angle and carefully tear the petals of the flowers. Place the flowers and the zucchini in the bowl of ice water with the asparagus.
- In a small bowl or jar, mix together all the ingredients for the vinaigrette, stirring thoroughly to combine. Set aside.
- Drain the asparagus, zucchini and flowers very well. Place them in a large mixing bowl. Add 2 teaspoons of the vinaigrette, a small pinch of salt and pepper, and toss with your fingers. Place the mixed salad onto a serving plate. Top with the pieces of bacon and grilled peaches.
- Heat up the Fromager D’Affinois Crispy Brie Bites per packet instructions and place them on top of the salad. Garnish with extra chervil leaves and serve immediately with vinaigrette on the side.