Dip Fromage Fort with Le
- 6 ounces/166 g Le Brebicet, with rind, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup/60 ml dry white wine, such as Sauvignon Blanc
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh oregano, basil, or chives or a combination, plus more for garnish
- ½ to 1 small garlic clove, crushed through a press*
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Assorted fresh vegetables, baguette slices, or crackers for serving
- Process Le Brebicet, butter, wine, garlic, oregano, and pepper in a food processor until smooth.
- Transfer to crock or small bowl and cover.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or up to 1 week. (The fromage fort can be refrigerated for up to a week.).
- Bring to room temperature and sprinkle with herbs.
- Serve with a butter knife for spreading.
*Do not use too much garlic as the flavor gets stronger as the fromage fort sits.
Variation: Fromage Fort Rose: Add ¼ cup/50 g finely chopped roasted red pepper (from a jar) to the food processor and incorporate into fromage. Substitute a good pinch of pimente d’ Esplette for black pepper.