Roasted pumpkin and carrot soup
- 1.2 kg Butternut pumpkin, peeled, diced into 3cm cubes
- 4 medium carrots, peeled, chopped into 2cm slices
- 3 cloves garlic, skin on and left whole
- 1 white onion, peeled and cut in half
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3-4 cups water
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Chives, finely chopped
- Olive oil
- Fromager D’affinois Truffles lien vers page our cheese/Fromager d’Affinois Truffles)
- Crusty bread, sliced thin and grilled
- Preheat an oven to 200 degrees celsius (conventional).
- Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper and spread out the pumpkin, carrot and onion in a single layer.
- Place the garlic on a small piece of foil and drizzle with a little olive oil before wrapping it up and placing on a corner of the baking tray.
- Drizzle the rest of the olive oil over the vegetables.
- Season lightly with salt.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes or till the vegetables are tender.
- Remove the garlic from the baking tray and pour the roasted vegetables into a blender, making sure to tip in the liquid in as well.
- Squeeze the roasted garlic out of their skins, straight in to the blender.
- Add in 3.5 cups of water and blend everything together.
- Add more water to achieve the desired consistency.
- Taste and season with salt as needed.
- To serve, season with black pepper, a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of chives onto the soup.
- Place thick slices of Fromager D’affinois Truffles onto grilled bread and dip into the soup as you eat it.