Black Truffle Mushroom Crostini
- 8 oz Shiitake mushrooms (or any mushrooms you like!), sliced thin
- 2 T olive oil, plus more for toasting bread
- 1 T finely minced shallot
- 2 T butter
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme, clipped into small pieces
- Salt & pepper to taste
- One French baguette, cut into 16 pieces on the diagonal
- One wedge Fromager d’Affinois Black Truffle Cheese (about 8 oz)
- Flaky Sea Salt to finish
1. Slice baguette on the diagonal into 16 equal pieces. Drizzle both sides with olive oil, and crisp on each side in a hot skillet until golden brown. Set aside.
2. Using the same skillet if desired, heat olive oil over medium high heat and add mushrooms. Sauté until they reach a rich, golden color, then add in shallot, butter and thyme and sauté just a couple more minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Spread a thick layer of room temperature Fromager d’Affinois Black Truffle cheese on each slice of baguette, and top with a spoonful of mushrooms. Be sure to include a sprig of thyme from the mushroom mixture on each crostini, and finish with flaky sea salt (such as Maldon) if desired.