Herbed mac’n cheese
- Fromager d’Affinois Garlic and Herbs
- 340g pasta shells
- ½ cup pasta water reserved from cooking pot
- 10-15 sage leaves
- Olive oil for frying sage leaves
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- Truffle salt
- Preheat your oven to 150C fan-forced.
- Bring a large pot of well salted water to the boil.
- Heat a small amount of olive oil (~1cm deep) in a small saucepan. Fry half of your sage in it for 3-4 minutes, then drain sage on paper towel and set aside.
- Chop remaining sage then add it and the extra virgin olive oil to a small frypan. Add breadcrumbs and cook on low, stirring, until golden then set aside.
- Place your wedge of cheese into an oven proof dish and bake for 12-15 minutes until completely melted.
- While this is melting, add pasta to boiling water and cook until ‘al dente’ or to packet instructions. Drain the pasta but reserve some of the cooking water.
- Place drained pasta into melted cheese, adding a little cooking water to loosen it up while stirring through. Add more if you need to.
- Top with golden breadcrumbs and generously season with truffle salt. Top with fried sage and enjoy.