- 1 batch of gluten free white bread sourdough
For the lemon and rocket pesto:
- 100g parmesan
- 100g rocket
- Juice of 1 lemon (or just shy of 1/3 cup)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
For the sourdough toasties:
- 4 slices of Fromager d’Affinois Le Campagnier per person
- 2 slices of gluten free sourdough per toastie
- Freshly cracked pepper and sea salt flakes
- Fresh greens (I used rocket and spinach)
To make the pesto:
- Combine all your ingredients in a food processor and blend until you’ve reached the desired consistency. Adjust for lemon and seasoning. Keep in an airtight container until you’re ready to use it.
To make the toasties:
- Use your preferred method to toast 2 slices of gluten free sourdough at a time. Toast the bread until it is golden and crunchy.
- Slather the toast (both sides) in the rocket pesto, and top one side with extra greens, followed by the Fromager d’Affinois Campagnier slices. Finish with the seasoning, and pop the lid on.
- Leave the toastie for a minute or so until the residual heat from the toast starts to melt the cheese. Serve immediately.